Tuesday, January 5, 2010

JOY...KCM Word for 2010

JOY
What is JOY to you?  Where does JOY come from?  Are you a JOYFUL person?


Before we get into the questions above, let me explain why KCM has a Word of the Year.  Back in 2002 our CEO, Sandy Faucett, began praying that God would give her a Word for KCM, a focus for the year, and so it started in 2003 with CHANGE, then 2004 brought OBEDIENCE and in 2005 it was all about TRUST while 2006 was about BELIEVING.  In 2007 we were challenged with FAITH and in 2008 we renewed our HOPE while 2009 helped bring about new PURPOSE and in 2010 we are anticipating His JOYWhile each of the Words have brought their own challenges they have also brought their own rewards.


So now that we all know about the Words...let's get back the Word for 2010...JOYThe Word is not annaoucned to staff until our Annual In-Service, which is our first Monday back in January.  As we sat in our meeting yesterday and our CEO, Sandy, began talking about how she had been praying for the word and how she knew God had given her this specific word, you could see the excitement in her, I thought I would bust...and then she said it...JOY.  Immediately tears filled my eyes just at the sound of the Word...JOY.  JOY is what we pray each client can have when they walk out of our office, JOY is what we pray each customer feels in the store, JOY is what God wants each of us to experience daily...JOY is Jesus and knowing HIM.

Even now as I type this, some 24 hours later, tears still fill my eyes.  The tears are JOYful tears, full of anticipation of all God has for KCM this year, full of excitement that He has put me in this place to be apart of such a time as this, full of desire to seek Him so intently so I do not miss a single ounce of JOY that he has for us.

At the beginning I posed 3 questions. 
I know what those answers are for me....what are they for you? 
Do you have answers to them? 
Do you want answers to them? 
I encourage you to seek out the answers...feel free to email me, speak to your pastor, read your Bible, Pray...God wants you to know JOY!!

Please continue to join me as we blog our way into a JOY filled 2010 together.

No comments:

Post a Comment